Premier Medical Associates Honored as AMGA’s 2023 Acclaim Award Recipient
The Acclaim Award recognizes the nation’s premier healthcare delivery organization that has successfully aligned itself with the Quadruple Aim by moving toward equitable and value-based care.
Alexandria, VA — Pennsylvania-based Premier Medical Associates has been named AMGA’s 2023 Acclaim Award recipient. The Acclaim Award recognizes the nation’s premier healthcare delivery organization that has successfully aligned itself with the Quadruple Aim by moving toward equitable and value-based care. For their accomplishments, Baylor Scott & White Medical Group and Utica Park Clinic were also named Acclaim Award honorees.
AMGA’s Acclaim Award honors healthcare delivery organizations that are bringing their organization closer to the ideal medical group and health system by measurably improving the patient experience of care; improving the health of populations with a focus on quality outcomes; reducing the per capita cost of healthcare; and promoting workplace wellness.
“The purpose of the Acclaim Award is to recognize organizations that exemplify the highest ideals of the AMGA model of care,” said Jerry Penso, MD, AMGA president and CEO. “Premier Medical Associates aligned their physician workforce within a culture of value-based care and demonstrated remarkable improvements in both patient satisfaction and provider wellness.”
Premier Medical Associates was recognized for the following initiatives:
- Developing a strong focus on improving the control of chronic diseases, increasing screening rates, and improving immunization rates to reduce the incidence of preventable diseases
- Creating a patient experience committee and appointing patient experience managers
- Participating in a Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) that includes provider and hospital participants across three states
- Attaining level 3 NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home certification continuously since 2013
- Creating an equity dashboard for colorectal cancer (CRC) screening rates, hypertension control, diabetes control, and more
“At Premier Medical Associates we believe that making progress towards value-based care is a moral imperative,” said Mark DeRubeis, Premier CEO. “We are eternally grateful to AMGA for developing a ‘road map’ to assist us all on the journey toward the Quintuple Aim. We are humbled to be two-time recipients of the Acclaim Award, and it only serves to inspire us more to collaborate with and learn from our colleagues to raise the quality and lower the cost of the care we provide to our communities.”
This is the second time Premier Medical Associates has received the Acclaim Award. They were named the recipient of the award in 2016.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Group was recognized an Acclaim Award honoree for the following initiatives:
- Developing an integrated care model that enhances the quality of care and life while improving customer satisfaction and efficiency
- Implementing new service-focused standards that foster exceptional experiences by identifying issues, collecting real-time feedback, solving problems before they surface online or in surveys, and continually tracking progress
- Evaluating data to improve outcomes and affordability, with a focus on tightly tailored, actionable and evidence-based solutions
- Embedding multidisciplinary teams in Community Care Clinics (CCC) to provide comprehensive care to the underserved to help communities stay well
- Reducing the documentation burden to improve provider well-being
The Baylor Scott & White Medical Group is part of Baylor Scott & White Health and is comprised of nearly 3,800 providers.
Acclaim Award honoree Utica Park Clinic was recognized for the following initiatives:
- Organizing patient focus groups to address issues and incorporating patient feedback into their practices’ workflows
- Dedicating a team of clinical care outreach staff to serving approximately 20,000 Medicare Advantage health plan members
- Opening “Wellness Points,” where patients can receive services that do not require a visit with a provider, creating an environment that does not feel like a traditional medical clinic
- Continuously enhancing the patient experience by including senior leadership rounding, patient surveys and maximizing Epic functionality, such as self-scheduling, online check-in, on-demand video visits and FastPass virtual wait lists
- Implementing text message survey capabilities sent to patients upon check-in to help connect them with a network of community-based programs to assist with social determinants, including food insecurity, housing, utility and transportation assistance
AMGA’s prestigious Acclaim Award highlights the continued research and investigation toward finding the finest models of medical management and coordinating care delivery, as well as developing a systemic approach to improving the patient and provider experience. The Acclaim Award is generously sponsored by Novo Nordisk, Inc.
More information on the process of determining Acclaim Award recipients can be found here.
AMGA is a trade association leading the transformation of healthcare in America. Representing multispecialty medical groups and integrated systems of care, we advocate, educate, and empower our members to deliver the next level of high-performance health. AMGA is the national voice promoting awareness of medical groups’ recognized excellence in the delivery of coordinated, high-quality, cost-effective care. More than 175,000 physicians practice in our member organizations, delivering care to one in three Americans. Learn more at amga.org
About Premier Medical Associates
Founded in 1993, Premier’s leadership team led a transition that made the company independent in 2004. Premier’s independence allowed the company to focus on building a stronger model of patient-centered care and expand operations to include critical services and specialties that provide a continuum of care to PMA’s patients. In December 2011, Premier Medical Associates affiliated with Highmark and today is an affiliate of the Allegheny Health Network. Learn more at premiermedicalassociates.com
About Baylor Scott & White Health
As the largest not-for-profit health system in the state of Texas, Baylor Scott & White promotes the health and well-being of every individual, family and community it serves. It is committed to making quality care more accessible, convenient and affordable through its integrated delivery network, which includes the Baylor Scott & White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research Institute, the Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance and its leading digital health platform – MyBSWHealth. Through 51 hospitals and more than 1,200 access points, including flagship academic medical centers in Dallas, Fort Worth and Temple, the system offers the full continuum of care, from primary to award-winning specialty care. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing more than a century ago, Baylor Scott & White today serves more than three million Texans. For more information, visit BSWHealth.com
About Utica Park Clinic
Utica Park Clinic is a part of Hillcrest HealthCare System with more than 70 clinics serving northeastern Oklahoma. Utica Park Clinic employees work to fulfill our purpose of caring for people: our patients, their families and one another. Utica Park Clinic participates in United Way fundraisers, the American Heart Association Heart Walk, Strike Out Stroke, and more. Learn more at uticaparkclinic.com
Chief Communications Officer
703.838.0033 ext. 393