AMGA Councils are member driven communities connecting you with other healthcare leaders around the country to crowdsource ideas, discuss strategies, and share solutions. There are opportunities to connect with other executives based on responsibilities or demographics.
Council members access private resources empowering them to tap into the wealth of experience the participating executives have acquired over the course of their careers. Each Council has a private portal on AMGA Communities with tools that include:
- A 24/7 listserv to get advice (and share your own) related to the challenges you’re facing
- Face-to-face meetings, webinars, and conference calls focused on topics selected by Council members
- A digital resource library with policies, procedures, job descriptions, and other documents your peer groups use
- Archives of all conversations and presentations so you never miss out
Councils are divided into two subgroups: Leadership and Special Interest.
Leadership Councils connect executives based on similar roles. You do not have to have a specific title to participate, but your responsibilities should align with the individual Leadership Council you are joining.
- Advanced Practice Providers/Clinicians
- Attorneys/General Counsel
- Chief Administrative Officer/Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Executive Officer/Board Chair/President
- Chief Financial Officer/Finance Director
- Chief Human Resources Officer/HR Director
- Chief Information Officer/Chief Medical Information Officer
- Chief Medical Officer/Medical Director
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Government Relations
- Marketing/Public Relations
Special Interest Councils connect executives based on a demographic.
- Women in Leadership is open to all women, regardless of role or career stage, at any AMGA medical group. This Council is unique in how it spans all roles and the entire career ladder.
- Emerging Leaders is open to new and up-and-coming medical group leaders. For more information on eligibility and the definition of an emerging leader, please click here.
Council membership is included as part of your AMGA medical group membership. There are no extra fees or participation requirements to join and access the digital resources.
For more information on individual Councils, please contact our Council expert, Joe DeLisle.