Stop Medicare Reimbursement Cuts
Unless Congress acts this year, Medicare provider reimbursement rates will be cut by almost 10% on January 1, 2022. AMGA has developed an Advocacy Campaign designed to stop these dramatic payment cuts and push for other medical group priorities such as supporting Medicare Advantage, preserving telehealth services, and moving to value.
We welcome your active involvement with us in lobbying Congress to fix these critical issues.
Days Left Until Medicare is Cut by 10%
Call your members of Congress!
Tools & Information
Below are tools designed to educate Members of Congress and the media on the impact these cuts will have on multispecialty medical groups and their patients.
On Tuesday, October 12 AMGA held a press conference where several members commented on the effects these cuts would have on them. The following are excerpts from that press conference.
Quincy Medical Group CEO Carol Brockmiller
October 12, 2021
Quincy Medical Group CEO Carol Brockmiller explains the impact 10% cuts to Medicare reimbursement would have on medical groups like hers, should the proposed cut go into effect in 2022.
Crystal Run Healthcare CQO and Medical Director Dr. Scott Hines
October 12, 2021
Scott Hines, M.D., Chief Quality Officer at Crystal Run Healthcare, expresses that significant Medicare payment cuts are no way to repay the healthcare system that has worked tirelessly during the pandemic.
- Medicare Cuts to Impact Physician Compensation, Staffing
Healthcare Exec Intelligence, October 15, 2021
- 43% of medical groups may freeze hiring, delay pop health efforts if Medicare cuts move forward
Radiology Business, October 14, 2021
- Physician Compensation, Staffing to Take Big Hit from 10% Medicare Cut
RevCycle Intelligence, October 13, 2021
- Medicare cuts could lead to healthcare layoffs, AMGA says
Becker's Hospital Review, October 13, 2021
- Physician groups warn nearly 10% in Medicare cuts could stall shift to value-based care, force staff cuts
Fierce Healthcare, October 13, 2021
- HEALTH CARE BRIEFING: Progressives Press for Medicare Benefits
Bloomberg Government, October 13, 2021
- Physicians Press Lawmakers to Forestall Medicare Payment Cuts
Bloomberg Law, October 12, 2021
- 10% physician pay cut by CMS looms large
Becker's ASC Review, September 20, 2021
While Medicare cuts are a major emphasis of AMGA’s Advocacy Campaign, our Public Policy team also is actively opposing Congressional efforts to cut Medicare Advantage payments, advocating for extension of regulatory waivers so AMGA members can continue to provide telehealth services, and lobbying for our value agenda. For more information on these issues, please see AMGA’s issue briefs, or contact Madison Schultz, government relations assistant, at email@example.com.