AMGA Recognizes Organizations for Achievements in Diabetes Care and Commitment to Healthcare Quality
National Harbor, MD – Today, AMGA honored 24 healthcare organizations for their efforts in improving healthcare quality. Four medical groups and health systems received 2019 Together 2 Goal® Awards for their achievements in diabetes care. Thirteen were recognized as 2019 Foundation Stars for their commitment to healthcare quality as demonstrated by their participation in and support of AMGA Foundation’s quality programs. Seven corporate organizations were honored for their support of the Foundation’s chronic care programs.
The 2019 Together 2 Goal® Awards honor the top performers in the Diabetes: Together 2 Goal® campaign, a national initiative uniting more than 150 medical groups and health systems in an effort to improve care for 1 million people with Type 2 diabetes by 2021. As a part of the campaign, the awardees have been implementing best practices to improve the quality of diabetes care at their organizations and reporting results for their diabetes patients on a variety of measures, such as blood sugar control, blood pressure control, lipid management, and testing for kidney disease.
The 2019 Together 2 Goal® Award winners are:
- Best Performance – Basic Track 1: INOVA Health System/Signature Partners
- Best Performance – Core Track 2 (Small Group 3): Coastal Carolina Health Care, PA
- Best Performance – Core Track (Medium Group 4): USMD Health System
- Best Performance – Core Track (Large Group 5): Scripps Medical Foundation
Additionally, AMGA Foundation distributed 2019 Foundation Star Awards to 13 member organizations for their participation in four or more Foundation initiatives that focus on improving health and health care. These initiatives include: applying for the Acclaim Award, which honors high-performing healthcare organizations; participating in one or more Best Practices Learning Collaboratives; taking part in the Together 2 Goal ® campaign; and donating to AMGA Foundation.
The 2019 Foundation Star awardees are:
- Utica Park Clinic
- Coastal Carolina Health Care, P.A.
- Hattiesburg Clinic, P.A.
- Lexington Clinic, P.S.C.
- Mercy East Communities
- Northwell Health
- Norton Medical Group
- Novant Medical Group
- PriMed Physicians
- SwedishAmerican Health System
- Valley Medical Group
- Watson Clinic, LLP
AMGA Foundation also awarded seven valued corporate partners for their outstanding support and involvement with various foundation chronic care programs, including the Together 2 Goal® campaign, extension, and Innovator Track as well as the Best Practices Learning Collaboratives.
The 2019 Corporate Partner Award recipients are:
- The Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson – Together 2 Goal®, Together 2 Goal® Extension
- Novo Nordisk Inc. – Obesity Care Model Collaborative, Diabetes Bundle Collaborative, Together 2 Goal®, Together 2 Goal® Extension
- Optum – Distinguished Data & Analytics Corporate Collaborator
- Pfizer – Adult Immunization Best Practices Learning Collaborative
- Boehringer Ingelheim and Lilly Diabetes Alliance – Together 2 Goal® Innovator Track
- Merck – Together 2 Goal®, Together 2 Goal® Extension
- Sanofi – Together 2 Goal®
In addition, the Foundation paid tribute to the generous leadership supporters of the Campaign for a Healthier America, including Dr. Scott Hayworth. Dr. Hayworth sponsored the Dr. Scott Hayworth and the Honorable Dr. Nan Hayworth Lecture.
“AMGA Foundation’s quality improvement programs would not be possible without the support and involvement of these organizations and individuals,” said John W. Kennedy, M.D., chief medical officer, AMGA, and president, AMGA Foundation. “Their dedication to high performance health care has improved the lives of millions. We look forward to continuing our collaboration with them as we seek to improve millions more.”
- This category recognizes the highest performer whose self-reported data to the campaign is limited to blood sugar control rates.
- This category recognizes the highest performers across different group sizes who self-report data to the campaign on the diabetes bundle measure. This measure includes blood sugar and blood pressure control rates, statin management, and medical attention for kidney disease.
- A small group is defined as a medical group or health system with fewer than 150 FTE physicians.
- A medium group is defined as a medical group or health system with an FTE count equal to or greater than 150 and less than 500.
- A large group is defined as a medical group or health system an FTE physician count equal to or greater than 500.
About the Together 2 Goal® Campaign
AMGA Foundation, the philanthropic arm of AMGA, launched Together 2 Goal®, a national campaign to fight the challenge of Type 2 diabetes on March 12, 2016. Together 2 Goal® includes more than 150 medical groups, health systems, nonprofit partners, and corporate collaborators such as the American Association of Diabetes Educators, American Diabetes Association, Geisinger, Henry Ford Health System, The Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Intermountain Healthcare, and Ochsner Health System. The goal of the five-year campaign is to improve care for 1 million people with Type 2 diabetes by 2021. together2goal.org
About AMGA Foundation
AMGA Foundation is AMGA’s philanthropic arm that enables medical groups and other organized systems of care to consistently improve health and health care. AMGA Foundation serves as a catalyst, connector and collaborator for translating the evidence of what works best in improving health and health care in everyday practice.
AMGA is a trade association leading the transformation of health care in America. Representing multispecialty medical groups and integrated systems of care, we advocate, educate, innovate, and empower our members to deliver the next level of high performance health. AMGA is the national voice promoting awareness of our members’ recognized excellence in the delivery of coordinated, high quality, high-value care. More than 175,000 physicians practice in our member organizations, delivering care to one in three Americans.
Chief Communications Officer
703.838.0033 ext. 393