2019 Medical Group Operations and Finance Survey
Medical groups continue to face constant pressure to provide quality and
cost-effective care in an ever-changing healthcare environment. In our expanded
operational and financial survey, we gathered data specific to operational and
financial aspects of medical groups. Our hope is to provide a clearer and more
complete picture of the market and current trends affecting the industry.
The 2019 AMGA Medical Group Operations and Finance Survey now
includes information about:
- Revenue cycle metrics and financial performance
- Operational support department staffing metrics for 18 different
- Provider scheduling, panel size, and access strategy utilization
- Clinic staffing details for over 35 different specialties
- Financial profiles by group type, geographic region, group size, and
- Adoption of best practice processes and strategies
- New levels of detail on staffing and expenses by specialty and group
Data is delineated in a variety of ways, with a focus on the comparison of
private practice and integrated health system data. Metrics are reported per
physician FTE, per provider FTE, and per 10,000 work RVUs (wRVUs).
The 2019 Medical Group Operations and Finance Survey includes data
from 35 medical groups and health systems, representing more than 15,000
To purchase the survey, please click here.
For sales, please contact Christopher Gibbs, manager, membership and circulation
database, at firstname.lastname@example.org or
703.838.0033 ext. 362. For technical questions, please contact Elizabeth
Siemsen, director, AMGA Consulting, at
703.838.0033 ext. 391.
To take advantage of significant discounts on our benchmarking surveys, we
encourage you to consider joining AMGA as a
medical group member or
corporate partner today. Inquiries about membership can be sent to William
Baron, vice president, membership, at
email@example.com or 703.838.0033 ext. 336