AMGA Foundation Vision 2025
Picture an America where…
More people than ever before have quality, affordable care regardless of
their income, background, and ZIP code.
Many enjoy longer lives free of diabetes, high blood pressure, and other
preventable chronic conditions.
Doctors, researchers, and health professionals nationwide—from esteemed
universities to leading corporations—collaborate on healthcare practices,
accelerating the launch of innovations for treatment and prevention.
Our economy saves billions of dollars on health care every year.
We make this vision a reality.
Vision 2025, the product of AMGA Foundation’s strategic planning process,
leverages our reach, credibility, and impact—empowering our members to deliver
value-driven care to even more patients, their families, and their communities.
Four Pathways to This Bold Goal: Together We Will Realize Our Vision
- Advance Best Practices through Chronic Disease Collaboration. To reach 100
million Americans by 2025, we must support our full network of 440 medical
groups and health systems with tools and training, knowledge-sharing, and data
- Recognize High Levels of
- Continue the Acclaim Award, which rewards medical groups and
other organized systems of care
- Amplify National Campaigns
- Include more medical groups and health systems
- Expand partnerships with stakeholder organizations
- Enhance community and patient engagement tactics
- Develop Community Research and Partnerships. As we transform healthcare
delivery, we must tackle the social determinants, disparities, and environmental
factors behind high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, COPD, obesity, and
- Create pilot community
programs in select areas, leveraging AMGA members expertise
- Incorporate a broad
community focus into current Foundation programs
- Engage Patients and Families. Implement training to help people be
proactive agents in their own care — managing and preventing chronic conditions.
- Work directly with AMGA’s
440 members to prevent chronic disease and screen for risk factors
- Create an AMGA Patient and
Family Advisory Council
- Innovate New Care Models and Synergies. Collaborate with innovators in
industry, academia, the insurance sector, and other areas of health care to keep
our efforts on track with the latest priorities, technologies, and thinking to
further accelerate our progress.
- Create resource library of
care model innovations
- Conduct an annual symposium
on care model innovations
- Engage more medical groups and systems with new approaches, such as virtual
roundtables and incentives to achieve higher performance levels