Chronic Care Resources
Geriatric patients and patients with chronic conditions are the most vulnerable populations during the COVID-19 pandemic. The following are links to resources for providers who care for these patients.
- Cleveland Clinic: What You Should Know About COVID-19 and Chronic Conditions (FAQs)
- CDC: Specific Groups at Higher-Risk
- CDC: People With Asthma and COVID-19
- Parkview Physicians Group: Managing Allergies and Asthma During the Pandemic
- American Cancer Society Coronavirus Resources
- Cleveland Clinic: How We’re Managing Cancer Patients During the COVID-19 Pandemic (March 26, 2020)
- American Heart Association Coronavirus Resources
- COVID-19 Patients Taking ACE-i and ARBs (March 17, 2020 statement by AHA)
- CHI St. Luke’s Health: Diabetic’s Guide to COVID-19
- Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (ACDES) COVID-19 Webpage
Resources include telehealth under the CMS COVID-19 waiver, webinars, billing information, and product supply chain updates.
- ACDES Flyer for Diabetes Care Specialists on Self-Care
- Patient Resources
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) has a COVID-19 Webpage for Patients with Diabetes
Patients can learn about their risk, find answers to common questions, and understand what to do if they get sick.
- Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (ACDES) Handouts on Healthy Coping Behaviors
Variety of handouts on healthy coping behaviors to share with patients with diabetes. Also targeted handouts for patients who may be experiencing stress, depression, or diabetes distress.
- CDC: COVID-19: What People with HIV Should Know
- National Institutes for Health Interim Guidance: COVID-19 and Persons With HIV
- CDC Report: Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Routine Pediatric Immunization (May 8, 2020)
- Centers for Disease Control: Maintaining Childhood Immunizations
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Covid-19 Clinical Guidance Q&A
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases: Coronavirus Research
- World Health Organization: Guiding Principles for Immunization during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America: Managing Coronavirus Anxiety: Tips & Strategies for Families (March 27, 2020 Video)
- Dept. of Veterans Affairs: Managing Healthcare Workers' Stress Associated with COVID-19
- World Health Organization: Mental Health and Psychosocial Considerations During COVID-19 Outbreak (March 18, 2020)
- American College of Surgeons: COVID-19 Guidelines for Triage of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Patients
- Obesity Medicine Association Guidance on Obesity and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Obesity Increases Risk for COVID-19 Complications, Data Shows (Becker’s Hospital Review, March 26, 2020)
- COVID-19 Telehealth and Chronic Pain Management Guidelines (Kaiser Permanente of Washington Health Research Institute)