Code of Ethics for AMGA Meetings
This Code of Ethics applies at all AMGA live and virtual meetings, conferences, forums, and meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than AMGA but held in conjunction with AMGA events in which they participate.
- Expected Behavior
- Attendees are expected to at all times uphold the reputation of AMGA and the dignity of membership therein. As such, all members, participants, attendees, invitees, and vendors at events and meetings shall be treated with respect and consideration.
- Attendees shall be considerate, respectful, and collaborative, communicating openly with respect for others, and critiquing ideas rather than individuals.
- At all times during meetings and events, the specific rules and policies of the meeting, event, venue, hotel, or AMGA contracted facilities shall be respected in their entirety.
- Unacceptable Behavior
- AMGA does not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination by its Members or participants on the basis of, but not limited to: sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, handicap, citizenship, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. As such, AMGA expects all meeting or event participants to not engage in any form of harassment of this aforementioned nature.
- Harassment and discrimination are prohibited wherever and whenever work for or representation of AMGA is being performed, whether at AMGA offices, online, in another location during meeting or event, or at an AMGA-sponsored social event.
- Any unprofessional or inappropriate conduct, whether or not it is unlawful harassment or discrimination, is contrary to this Policy and is taken very seriously by AMGA.
- Any individual requested to stop any unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- At any AMGA event or meeting, AMGA leaders or staff (or their designee) may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including removal of a member or participant, for any unacceptable behavior as described above. If the behavior occurs during a virtual event, AMGA will take appropriate action, which may include deleting a post or comment and blocking a participant and severing communication with the blocked user.
- Any unacceptable behavior also may be remedied by AMGA in a manner reasonably believed to eliminate the possibility of the behavior happening again including, but not limited to, future curtailment of the violator’s rights to participate at events as well as suspension/termination of membership.
- Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
- Any member or participant that is the subject of unacceptable behavior or witnesses any such behavior please immediately notify an AMGA staff member.
- Any member or participant experiencing or witnessing behavior that at any time in their judgment constitutes an immediate or serious threat to public safety is advised to contact 911 immediately.
Effective date: February 28, 2018