Leadership Councils are specialized education and networking groups that bring executive leaders together to privately discuss ideas, strategies, and solutions. The Councils provide a trusted environment to collaborate with your peers and find trusted experts to help - especially on the more technical information unique to each position. There are 11 Councils with membership based on a person's role:
- Attorneys/General Counsel
- Chief Administrative Officer/Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Executive Officer/Board Chair/President
- Chief Financial Officer/Finance Director
- Chief Information Officer/Chief Medical Information Officer
- Chief Medical Officer/Medical Director
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Government Relations
- Human Resources
- Marketing/Public Relations
- Quality Director
exclusively to members include:
- Private webinars and face-to-face meetings featuring people "in your
shoes" talking about their real world experiences.
- A listserv (with archives) for you to take advantage of your peers'
- A resource library with policies, procedures, presentations, and more
shared by members for members.
Council resources at accessible on AMGA Communities.
What Our Members Say
“Simply put, if you’re an AMGA member, you need to have your executive team in the Leadership Councils. The comradery and trust allows you to frankly discuss the issues your group is facing. This sharing is a great way to not only grow your network, but also to tap into the vast experiences and knowledge the other members have.”
– Todd Staub, M.D., FACP, Chairman of the Board, ProHealth Physicians, Inc.
“I’ve had the privilege of serving as Chair of the CFO and CAO/COO Councils. I’ve found a great deal of value and actionable insight through the sharing that naturally happens at the closed-door meetings and through the private listserv. These forums let you frankly discuss the issues you’re facing and learn from what others are doing. This type of collaboration remains tremendously helpful to me today and I’d strongly suggest getting your executive team involved. The Leadership Councils are a great chance to connect with some of the most innovative and respected people in health care.”
– Thomas S. Nantais, M.B.A., Chief Operating Officer, Henry Ford Medical Group
For more information on individual Councils, please contact Joe DeLisle at JDeLisle@amga.org.