Medical Group Preeminence Award
AMGA presents this award annually to member groups'
physician-administrator leadership teams for exceptional leadership;
innovation and vision; contributions to the advancement of quality;
effective healthcare delivery practices and structure; and
outstanding contributions to the local public community in which the
medical group is located.
Award recipients include the following:
- 2012 - Virginia Mason Medical Center
- 2010 - HealthTexas Provider Network
- 2009 - Cleveland Clinic
- 2008 - Riverside Health System
- 2007 - Geisinger Health System, Vanderbilt Medical Group, Virginia
Mason Medical Center
- 2006 - Aurora Medical Group, Ochsner Clinic Foundation, The
Permanente Medical Group
- 2005 - Northeast Arkansas Clinic
- 2004 - Albert Lea Medical Center - Mayo Health System, Holzer
Clinic, St. John's Clinic
- 2003 - The Everett Clinic, Northeast Arkansas Clinic, Park Nicollet
- 2002 - The Southeast Permanente Medical Group
- 2001 - Lovelace Health System, Northeast Arkansas Clinic, Watson
- 2000 - The Jackson Clinic
- 1999 - Colorado Permanente Medical Group
Previously, this award was known as the Group Practice
Administrator Award and was presented annually for outstanding group
practice administrators in top-level management positions.
Recipients included the following:
- 1996 - John Q. Paulsen, MeritCare Medical System
- 1995 - Charles R. Gendron, Scott & White Clinic
- 1994 - John C. Collins, Hitchcock Clinic
- 1992 - Kenneth G. Bash, Carle Clinic Association and Richard D.
Green, Carle Clinic Association
- 1991 - Robert W. Fleming, Mayo Clinic
- 1990 - Alan Stoll, Fallon Clinic and Edward Carlsson, Gundersen
- 1989 - John R. Johnson, Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- 1988 - F. Kenneth Ackerman, Jr., Geisinger Medical Center Foundation
- 1987 - Austin Ross, The Mason Clinic
- 1986 - Luther Smith, Medical Center Clinic, P.A.
- 1985 - Frederick J. Wenzel, Ph.D., Marshfield Clinic