The AMGA Annual Conference is an invaluable opportunity for peer-to-peer
learning, sharing, and networking. Sessions are structured to facilitate
conversations with other attendees, so you can crowdsource ways to take the
ideas presented back to your organization and implement them. One of our
highest-rated activities on the conference agenda is the AMGA Leadership Council
meetings – private forums, broken out by executive function. With your peers,
you’ll discuss strategies, challenges, and solutions common to your specific
roles—including CEO, COO, CFO, CMO, and many others—and join an exclusive
national network of colleagues with whom you can connect year round.
Due to the intimate nature of these meetings, participation is open only to
individuals in these respective roles at AMGA member medical groups and health
Role-based Leadership Councils will meet on Wednesday, March 27 from 8:00
a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and begin with a Joint Leadership Council Session. Please note that your $225 Council registration fee includes
breakfast, lunch and a reception on Wednesday.
Joint Leadership Council Session: Fireside Chat with Adam Boehler
Adam Boehler, Deputy Administrator and Director of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI)
CMMI’s Adam Boehler sits down with AMGA President and CEO Jerry Penso to delve into the Federal government’s role in innovation. Boehler – who has publicly expressed a goal to “get rid of fee for service” – will discuss his efforts to have CMMI take a practical approach to some of the industry’s biggest issues, leading to the development of various payment and service delivery models. Boehler is widely regarded as an innovative leader and has led the development of new, patient-focused approaches to healthcare delivery. Prior to CMMI, he was the founder and CEO of Landmark Health, a company that provides home-based medical care. He previously served in executive level roles at aLabs, Accretive LLC, and MedeFinance.
This session is exclusive to AMGA member medical group and health system leaders participating in our Leadership Council meetings.
The following Special Interest Councils will also convene in National Harbor
on Thursday, March 28. Please note that your $225 Council registration fee
includes all activities listed below the respective Council:
- Emerging Leaders Council
(Thursday, March 28)
- Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. (in conjunction with Women in
- Executive Group Coaching Session: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (in
conjunction with Women in Leadership Council)
- Emerging Leaders Council Sponsored by CTI, Physician Leadership Institute
- Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. (in conjunction with Women in Leadership
- Emerging Leaders Council Meeting: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Emerging Leaders Networking Evening Event: 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Women in Leadership Council
(Thursday, March 28)
- Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. (in conjunction with Emerging Leaders Council)
- Executive Group Coaching Session: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (in conjunction with Emerging Leaders Council)
- Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. (in conjunction with Emerging Leaders Council)
- Women in Leadership Council Meeting: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additionally, our Independent Group Council, designed for leaders at medical
groups not affiliated with hospitals, is encouraged to participate in the
following activities as part of your general conference registration:
- Peer-to-Peer Breakout
Sessions offer a track specifically for independent groups, presented by
independent groups (look for sessions marked “ID”)
- Discussion Groups by Organizational Type feature a room specifically for Independent Groups
To learn more about the councils or to join, please contact Joe DeLisle, membership and council relations manager, at 703.838.0033
ext. 355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.